An inspirational coach

One man who certainly has courage and does communicate is Mike Hill (formerly at Anarchy Creek Software and now working at Industrial Logic Inc.) I overheard him speaking to his tutorial group while they sat on the lawn, and I really valued what he had to say and how he said it:

  • XP is a set of values and practices designed to create an effective software development community
  • some programmers are still at the magical incantation stage of programming: they need effective teaching in their craft
  • I used to believe that some programmers really were dead wood but now I believe that the wood isn't dead, just waiting for spring to come
That last phrase is especially evocative, and I can really imagine Mike bringing spring – light, life and growth – to the teams that he coaches.