What advice would you have liked to receive when you were a new or expectant father?

Becoming a dad...

...is the biggest change that I've ever experienced
...is wonderful and life-enhancing - even though the responsibility takes away some of the freedoms I took for granted
...was harder for my partner initially than it was for me - exhausting, painful, messy, drawn-out, and emotionally draining
...helped me re-evaluate my priorities and question the way I live my life
...filled me with awe for the beauty and fragility of new life
...made me realise that not every employer understands how important and rewarding it is to spend time together with your family (and fortunately I haven't worked anywhere as appalling as EA Spouse has had to work since I became a dad)
...is a challenge that never ends - but also one that never ceases to surprise and delight me

[grid::fatherhood]